Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Trick-or-Treat!

Shelby was a lion cub for Halloween. We made stops at Paige's, Lauren & Silas', and Sean & Sarah's. At Paige's house, there was another little lion cub, and they seemed to enjoy playing together for a minute or two. One of Sarah's nieces was dressed up as a girafee and Shelby thought that was neat. We had a fun evening. I'll post pictures when we get them developed.

I really didn't see that many "cute" costumes. Most trick-or-treaters, whether they were smaller or teenages, were dressed as scary creatures/people. I think that's sad. (And I hope I've seen the last of the "Scream" masks!) Halloween could be so much fun....I hate seeing people dress up at murderers, dead people, and stuff like that. What happened to the days of clowns, cartoon characters, and animals?

I hope those of you that participated last night had a fun and safe evening. I hope that you got some good candy too!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Shelby was sooo cute last night in her lion costume! Thanks for bringing her over so we could enjoy seeing some cute costumes and not all the scary ones you were talking about. My favorite(besides Shelby) was the litte pirate of the caribbean!

Anonymous said...

I bet Shelby was adorable, I can't wait to see the pictures. We drove by Paul and Shelly's last night to see the boys. Chris was Peter Pan (he is 4) and Ethan (13 months) was a bumblebee. By the time we got there it was sooo cold and Ethan was so cranky. But he was a cute cranky bumblebee! I was really surprised by one thing last night. In their neighborhood, one family cooks out hot dogs and burgers for all on the block who want to come for dinner. All the kids are running around and everyone is mingling; that was really cool!