Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Birthday, Wendy!

Wendy and I have been friends since high school. We both weren't allowed to get phone calls after 10 or so, because our parents often went to bed around that time. So, many nights we had a prearranged time (late at night) where one of us would call the number for time & temperature or the soap opera hotline so that the other could call without the phone ringing and waking up parents. Isn't that silly?! Oh, the things we did as teenagers when everything was so dramatic!!

Wendy was the first friend I read the Bible with. We often shared verses with one another in notes, and also did over the phone a few times. I am thankful for that aspect of our friendship.

Last summer, when Shelby was in NICU, Wendy called Channing and told him she was coming to see me. She stayed one night with us at the house, and we both were so blessed by her just being there. Wendy sat and listened to us go over all that had happened that week. She also made us laugh, which we had not done in several days.

Wendy, I love you, and thank God for you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. May God bless you this year in amazing ways.

1 comments:

Brett, April, Caden, Corban & Eden said...

awwww, deidre, you're making me miss home! ;) and wendy...i still miss our friendship, just wanted you to know.

-april