Friday, November 03, 2006

Sharing is No Fun

I kept Lily for a little while yesterday while Maggie got a haircut. Normally Shelby and Lily play really well together. Yesterday was a little bit different. Shelby has two rocking horses, plastic and wooden. I had both in her room (one usually is in living room) so that they could both ride. Nope, not good enough for Shelby! She proved that the grass is always greener on the other side. If Shelby saw that Lily was playing with something she wanted, of course she reached for it. When I would tell her no, and try to get her focused on something else, whoa...MELT DOWN!! Finally Lily learned and would say no to Shelby if she started reaching. That didn't go over too well with Shelby either. Maggie and I agreed that we needed make sure the girls play together once a week, so that they can get used to having to share. That sounds good to me!

0 comments: