Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Natalie, Shelby, and Maria
Posted by Our Family at 11:06 AM
Sunday afternoon the three of us went to the Family Fall-Fest that's sponsored by the Children's Ministry at church. This was our second year to go. (See last year's post here.) The theme this year was Wild Wild West and there was even a chili cook-off! We dressed as Western as we could get, which wasn't much as you can see from the pictures. We made it just in time for a hayride, something we missed last year. It was a fun evening spent with our church family.
Posted by Our Family at 10:44 AM
Posted by Our Family at 10:37 AM
I made a new post, but it's dated for the actual time it happened. Check it out here.
Posted by Our Family at 10:35 AM
Please read Stacy's comment in the post below for an update on her dad. Thanks to all of you that prayed. God heard and answered our prayers!
Posted by Our Family at 10:11 AM
Friday, October 26, 2007
Please be in prayer for Dick Rogers, my friend Stacy's dad. Mr. Rogers is in the hospital due to some heart problems. Today has been a better day, and hopefully he'll be out of ICU soon. Please pray that Mr. Rogers will continue to improve. Pray also for the Rogers family as they are of course very concerned at this time.
Posted by Our Family at 2:08 PM
Monday, October 22, 2007
Posted by Our Family at 10:49 PM
Posted by Our Family at 10:24 PM
Channing and I have always loved going to Petit Jean State Park. In fact, that is where we got engaged! However, we have not been back since I got pregnant in October 2004. It has been way too long! So after breakfast on Saturday, we packed a picnic lunch and spent the day there. We had a wonderful time as a family, hiking and enjoying God's creation. We hiked down to Cedar Falls. Shelby did great, going down and coming up. It took a lot longer than times past, but we sure had fun. We look forward to returning for a camping trip, with and without Shelby, as well as to do more hiking on other trails in the park.
Posted by Our Family at 10:16 PM
Sunday, October 21, 2007
I found these two pictures on Amber's Facebook page and thought I'd share. Shelby had a ball being the flower girl!
Posted by Our Family at 2:37 PM
It took us a while to develop the pictures from Shelby's birthday party on June 16, and then I kept forgetting to post them. Go see them here.
Posted by Our Family at 2:34 PM
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Tonight I went to a memorial service for a woman who attended Downtown. Letha Hatcher was diagnosed with cancer just two months ago, and went Home to be with the Father on Monday. I didn't know Mrs. Hatcher; I met her once in our Sunday morning Bible class, but was never able to get to know her personally. Mrs. Hatcher's daughter, Kimberly, and my old friend Stacy are good friends from Freed-Hardeman. Kimberly and her family also are a part of Downtown. The week Mrs. Hatcher was diagnosed, the family asked that people come to the hospital and pray over her. When I heard about the prayer time, I felt such a strong urgency to go. And I am so glad that I did. Mrs. Hatcher shared with all of us that she believed that God could heal her, but that He might not choose to do that. She wanted us to know that we shouldn't be discouraged if He didn't heal her. She just wanted God to be glorified in her illness and life, regardless of what the future held. Hearing that was such a tremendous blessing, and I sobbed on the way home that night because I was so overwhelmed by Mrs. Hatcher's faith. Tonight's service was so special. The family wanted everyone there to focus on the fact that Mrs. Hatcher is alive in Jesus, with the Lord, totally healed. After a few people shared memories about Mrs. Hatcher, we spent about an hour singing praises to God. What an amazing way to honor and remember this special lady! God was truly glorified tonight!
I have to confess that this week has been very difficult for me, because I don't understand why Mrs. Hatcher wasn't healed of the cancer. I have to remember that she is healed, that she is more whole than I am here on this earth! It breaks my heart when I stop to think that if I'm feeling this way, how must her family and friends feel!
Please pray for the Hatcher and Simmons family as they are mourning the loss of a wife, daughter, mother, and grandmother.
Posted by Our Family at 10:12 PM
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Tonight we went to the Open House/Fall Fair at Carpenter's Kids. Shelby had fun showing us her work in the classroom, playing games, jumping in the moon-bounce, and eating refreshments. It was a good evening together.
Posted by Our Family at 9:45 PM
Please be in prayer for our friends Michael, Allison, and Elisha Mosher. Michael will be leaving for California on Sunday morning to prepare to leave for Iraq. Michael is a Marine. This will be his third tour.
Posted by Our Family at 9:36 PM
Please pray for our brother-in-law, Kelly Person, who is married to Channing's sister Angela. Last week Kelly had a mole removed from his back and today they found out that it was malignant. They will go to M.D. Anderson in Houston on Monday, where there will be some testing to learn more. Please keep Kelly, Angela, and their daughter Kelsie, as well as the rest of the family in your prayers during this scary time.
Posted by Our Family at 9:22 PM
I saw this post on Marcia's blog and thought it was cute, so I'm doing it too...even though I wasn't tagged. And I tag Traci, Lauren, and Lara.
1. Who is your man? Robert Channing, but I usually only call him by our last name
2. How long have you been together? 5 years, married 4
3. How long dated? about a year, including the two months we were broken up
4. How old is your man? 32
5. Who eats more? Depends on what we're eating, but usually it's me.
6. Who said "I love you" first? He did...and I was just waiting for him to say it first!
7. Who is taller? Channing, but only just a little
8. Who sings better? Me...but I sure do love hearing him sing!
9. Who is smarter? We are both smart, but each of us has our stronger areas.
10. Who's temper is worse? mine...and I'm working on it
11. Who does the laundry? I do
12. Who takes out the garbage? Channing
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Channing does, unless I need to get up first since it's the side with the alarm.
14. Who pays the bills? me
15. Who is better with the computer? Channing
16. Who mows the lawn? Channing. I had to mow for a while after he had his back surgery and still do once in a blue moon.
17. Who cooks dinner? I do, unless we're grilling.
18. Who drives when you are together? Channing, but we share the job usually if we're traveling.
19. Who pays when you go out? The card we use is the one with his name on it
20. Who is most stubborn? We can both be pretty stubborn at times
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? That's not consistent. Thankfully, we're both able to admit we're wrong. But we're also very stubborn.
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine...they live only 2 and a half hours away
23. Who kissed who first? He kissed me first, and boy was I getting impatient waiting for him to!
24. Who asked who out? He did. I was going out of town that weekend, and so I suggested to go out Sunday night after I got back. Glad he was free that night!
25. Who proposed? He did!
26. Who is more sensitive? We both are sensitive, and can both be too sensitive, but I think I am more often!
27. Who has more friends? What a funny question! Honestly, though, he does...I think.
28. Who has more siblings? Channing does - two sisters and three brothers. I have one of each.
29. Who wears the pants in the family? This one's funny too. When we make decisions, they are usually made together, but I guess he has the Trump card.
30. What do you love most about your husband? He has an amazing heart.
Posted by Our Family at 11:50 AM
I got these cute new Rocket Dawgs on Saturday and have loved wearing them this week! I saw them a couple weeks ago and thought I'd put them on my Christmas list. But, we noticed the store was having a sale, so we went inside and they were on sale! I love them, especially the pink trim! I have another pair of Rocket Dawgs and highly recommend the shoes. They are very comfortable. I wish I had discovered them back when I was pregnant and on my feet teaching all day.
Posted by Our Family at 10:13 AM
It finally feels like fall outside! Today's high is supposed to be 74 and I am loving it! Unfortunately, there are warmer days ahead, but today's cool temps bring big smiles around here. Shelby wore a new outfit to Carpenter's Kids today. I will try to get a good picture when I pick her up, as this morning's attempts didn't go so well. She will once again have to get used to wearing long sleeves. I hope her sleeves aren't stretched out today. She was starting to tug on them as Daddy was carrying her out the door.
Posted by Our Family at 10:07 AM
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. My favorite movie is The Cutting Edge. I have watched it over and over again.
2. I love going to hockey games, even though I haven't been to one in years.
3. I also love going to the rodeo, and went to several when I was in high school.
4. I am left-handed.
5. I love asparagus and brussel sprouts.
6. I'm having a garage sale this Saturday.
7. I'm on the Steering Team for the MOPS program in town.
8. I have a headache right now and can't think of an eighth random fact.
I'm going to break the rules, because I'm not going to tag anyone.
Posted by Our Family at 10:39 PM
Some of you ask if Shelby ever gets in trouble. Well, since I had the camera out tonight, I have documentation of Shelby getting in trouble. She was getting a little carried away, playing on the bed, during my photo shoot in the post below. Her daddy told her to settle down several times and finally issued the "I'm going to spank you if you don't stop" warning. The warning didn't work, and Daddy kept his word. This picture was taken right after her spanking.
Posted by Our Family at 10:19 PM
Getting Shelby ready for bed tonight took an extra long time. She was just being so sweet and funny, I had to take some pictures! Shelby is such a big girl, and I can hardly believe it. What a wonderful blessing it is to be this little sweetie's mommy!
Posted by Our Family at 10:12 PM
Friday, October 05, 2007
A very good college friend of both mine and Channing's spent the afternoon with Shelby and me today. Shelby had a ball playing with Mason, Emma, and Anna Leigh. Annie and I enjoyed drinking lemonade and catching up. Until almost a month ago, Annie and I had not seen each other since her wedding in July 2000. This was the third time we've gotten together in a month, and boy have I loved talking and laughing with this dear friend!
Posted by Our Family at 4:14 PM
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
Today we had a special treat. The Roarks are in town this week and came over for lunch today. Jason and Misty were friends of Channing's while at Harding, and it has been a blessing for me to get to know them over the past few years. They have three precious kids who seemed to get along very well with Shelby. We look forward to seeing them again next year, as they make the trip to Searcy from Pennsylvania each year.
Posted by Our Family at 9:59 PM