Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Pony for Christmas

Shelby and I went to Hallmark yesterday to do some card-shopping. While we were there, I decided to go ahead and let her pick out a Christmas ornament. (Mathis family tradition from my growing up days was we got a new ornament every year. We're doing that in the Channing family now.) I showed her a couple ornaments and let her pick the one she wanted. She chose "A Pony for Christmas." It's a cute ornament, the horse and saddle are made out of felt. I am excited to put it on the tree...after Thanksgiving, of course!

4 comments:

Our Family said...

I think that Shelby's Christmas this year would absolutely be perfect for her if she could have a horse or a puppy. She is completely crazy about them both right now.

Our Family said...

Shelby's mom here: Shelby would love a puppy; however, we will not be getting one until there's a fence for our backyard!

Rachel said...

We have that same tradition and I have always loved picking out ornaments each year. I am so excited Christmas is almost here. There is a station here already playing Christmas music 24/7. They started Nov 1st instead of the day after Thanksgiving. I love it!

laura said...

we do the same in the wallace... now bull family. and if the barbie series doesn't end soon so that i can start picking new ones again... well let's just say drastic measuers will be taken :) Gary's ornament this year is the Hallmark one that's a coffee cup...and get this... it actually smells like coffee! How fun is that?