Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Taco Soup

Here is my recipe for taco soup. (Apologies to Laura and Lisa for taking so long!) I got this recipe from my mom and I don't know where she got it. My guess is that it's from the newspaper, but I'm not sure. Thought I'd give credit where it's due...or try to at least.

1 lb. ground beef

1 can corn
1 can Rotel
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatoes (bigger can)
1 can tomato sauce (smaller can)

1 pkg. dry Ranch salad dressing seasoning
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 c. chopped onion

Brown the meant and onion, drain. Add taco seasoning. I add water, just like it says on the package. Combine all ingredients in large pot. Do not drain the canned veggies. Add water if needed for desired consistency. Bring to boil, then turn down to low boil for 30 minutes.

This is great with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips!

Enjoy :)

4 comments:

Traci said...

Sounds yummy...I plan to make this one day soon! Thanks for sharing!

Carris Family said...

Yum! Sounds great! I will have to give it a try. I am enjoying having time to try new recipes these days. And nothing sounds better then a hot bowl of soup. We made "Dee-zones" the other night and I of course thought of you! Molly

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dee! I'm looking forward to trying that!

laura said...

i so wish i didn't have to wait to get back to the states to try it... i have yet to find ranch dressing or rotel here. oh, well... it'll be another thing added to my list of things to look forward to when we get home! :)