Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

It seems like more and more, Halloween celebrations are changing. My feelings about today have certainly changed over the years. But, I can look back and remember a lot of fun times as I was growing up. The church I grew up in would take the kids around (in the church bus) to members' houses for safe trick-or-treating. When Justin was little and I wasn't too old, we'd go trick-or-treating together. In seventh grade, there was a class skating/costume party. I went to a haunted house with a group of friends while I was in college. Those are some of my really good Halloween memories.

What was your favorite or most memorable costume? What was your favorite candy to get in your bucket?

6 comments:

Our Family said...

1. I remember either my sister or my mom (I think they both worked on it) making me a pink bunny costume. And one year, Justin and I were hobos together.
2. Tootsie rolls and those peanut butter logs were my favorites.

Traci said...

1. I dressed up as Pippi Longstocking one year. Mom put a clothes hanger through my hair to get my braids to stick out and then sprayed my hair red.
2. I always liked (and still do) anything chocolate like M&Ms, Snickers, KitKat.

Marie said...

1. I was a clown one year. My mom made the costume and then my dad went trick or treating with me.
2. I'm still a blow pop girl. Although I have developed a strong liking to kitkat bars!

laura said...

My favorite was the year that my dad and i made my costume together. being the creative man that he was... i was a bag of m&m's. we took a trash bag, used masking tape to make the m&m down the side and the cardboard part of clothes hangers to make the shoulders stand out straight. it was fun... and maybe that's why anything chocolate has always been my favorite :)

Anonymous said...

1--I have two favorite costumes, & they were both really big. One year a friend & I were a pair of dice. The boxes were huge & such a pain! Another year I was a little elf sitting on a toadstool--my legs were in the stem of the mushroom & I had fake legs propped over the side of the mushroom. I think it was probably a big headache for my mom, & possibly expensive too. But I wish I still had it!
2--Oh, anything chocolate was good enough for me!

Anonymous said...

1. My 5 year old Wonder Woman costume reigns supreme for me. Mom made me the wrist and headbands out of felt/cardboard, and the rest was underwear and undershirts! I can't believe to this day she let me go to school and around the neighborhood like that!
2. Tootsie Rolls all the way.