Sunday, October 15, 2006

Channing and I have been reading Hebrews together each night. Earlier this week, as we were getting ready for bed, I thought about how we'd gotten out of the habit of reading together and decided to get it going again. My next thought was, "What should we read?" Instantly, the book of Hebrews came to mind. No reason at all, it just popped in my head. So, I walk out of the bathroom to find Channing grabbing his Bible off the nightstand. He wanted to start reading together again too. When I asked him if he had anything in mind, his reply was, "I was thinking Hebrews." Wow! When I told him my thoughts, we agreed that Hebrews was the book we needed to be reading!

It's been a blessing, reading God's Word together. The confidence we as believers are to have in our salvation keeps popping out of the pages. And tonight, after reading chapter 9, I just keep thinking, once again, how thankful I am for the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross...once and for all.

If you haven't read Hebrews lately, let me encourage you to do so. You'll be blessed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want you 2 to always remember this connection when you are annoying the fire out of each other in yrs. to come!! This is huge and was absolutely God inspired, just like your lives and your marriage. Keep the connection always. love you guys, Sherry