Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Sun Stood Still

Wednesday night at church, I watched the ninth video in the Believing God Bible study series. Beth Moore made this point: "Our Father delights in God-exalting, ambitious praying." She pointed out a story that I know I've probably heard before, but it just never hit me like it did in that room I guess. In Joshua 10, during a battle between the Israelites and the Amorites, Joshua looked up and asked the sun to stand still, just a bit longer so that they could continue fighting with daylight (vs. 12). And you know what? The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down almost a whole day (vs. 13). WOW!! Nothing is too hard for God. He can do anything, more than we can imagine. All I have to do is ask. He is just waiting! At times I guess I think, "Nope, God won't do that!" And I bet God is up in Heaven, saying, "Are you talking about ME??" My prayer is that I will be more faithful, and believe He is who He says He is!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

That video was amazing, wasn't it?? I love how she turns things we have all heard before into major revelations sometimes. She has such an insightful perspective into our God and I am so glad she is able to share that with us. I hope I am also able to start more of the God-exalting and ambitious praying she was talking about.