Saturday, March 10, 2007

Celebrating Early

Last night, Channing and I went out to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. We had dinner at Red Lobster, spent way too much money at Target, and then went to Barnes & Noble for coffee, where we also ended up buying a new cd.

Our experience at Red Lobster wasn't as good as it usually is. They've gotten new menus since we were there last, and what we normally get wasn't on the menu anymore. I found a hair in my salad. They brought me the wrong thing, so Channing got to eat his main course while I ate my second bowl of salad. So much for eating together! Hopefully our next visit will be better!

At Target we found an Easter dress for Shelby. It's sleeveless, so she might have to wear a sweater with it. It sure is pretty! While we were there, Channing also bought me the second season of Gilmore Girls on dvd. I'm going to enjoy watching those! We picked up a few other items that were on sale while we were there. I'm glad there's not a Target here. I'd be in trouble if we did.

When we got home, I gave Channing his anniversary presents. I got him two movies that he'd really been wanting, The Gospel and X-Men 3. I know we'll watch both of those several times. (Have any of you seen The Gospel? It's a modern-day portrayal of the prodigal son. We love it! The soundtrack is great, too!)

Shelby had a good time with the babysitter. They colored a lot together and read several books.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Sounds like you had a good time even with the not so good experience at Red Lobster!!! Also, I know you will all be so happy to see Justin. As always, we'll be thinking about and praying for your family!! Love ya girl. Gail

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! And Happy Birthday!! When are the actual dates? (maybe I missed that somewhere)

Love you!! Give hugs & kisses to sweet Shelby & Channing for me.

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Dee!!!