Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Birthday Goodies

Saturday was my birthday. I am now 29...goodness that sounds so old to me! Turning 19 was exciting, because I was so looking forward to leaving the teen years. But the next decade I'll be entering is not so exciting to me.

Anyways, with the birthday money I got, I went to a couple stores and had some fun. I got the third season of Gilmore Girls on dvd, some more perfume (I've been out for about a month), and some decorative stuff for Shelby's room.

Thanks to so many of you who have sent birthday wishes my way these past few days. I appreciate it!

By the way, I learned while looking for my perfume at Dillards, that usually Walgreen's will pick up a fragrance whenever Dillards stops carrying it. My perfume ended up being cheaper since I didn't have to get it at a department store. Good to know!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Dee, I'm glad you had a good birthday. After I called you that night, I thought I remembered that you were going to Memphis to see Justin. What a gift that you all got to spend time with him!

We googled the chocolate chip pie recipe and came up with one that I think was the same. Instead of nuts, which Garrett doesn't like, he wanted butterscotch chips. Let me tell you, the pie was good but sooo rich that Garrett actually made himself sick! Of course, that was after two pieces...but I wanted to say that I thought of you alot while he was making the pie with his Mama. Happy birthday!

Lindsey Eason said...

Happy B-day! Glad you got to shop for some goodies - very interesting about Walgreens...they have one literally right around the corner from our condo and I'm beginning to love that place! The previous post about Shelbey and icecream was really cute...my kids don't really care for it (neither do I, so poor Chad never gets to eat it!). NEways, enjoyed reading your posts!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I know the 30's sound so old to you but I can tell you that for me the 30's were some of the best of my life. Enjoy each and every one! Love ya Gail

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the b-day money and goodies! 29 does seems like a big one to me to! I can't believe that we are approaching the big 3-0. I take heart in what your friend Gail said! Love ya! Maggie

Anonymous said...

Hey! Happy Late Birthday! Glad you had a great trip and birthday. I love seeing photos of ya'll- you look to be a very happy family- ice cream and all. Enjoy those Gilmore Girls. Seems like your man has it made being that he has your birthday and anniversary within one week time frame. My husband has the same blessing. ha ha. Love ya, Sarah