Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So Much For That Idea

I can't believe I haven't made a post about what happened Sunday night!! Shelby has not been sleeping a night in her bed for a while now. (I kindly request that Nunda and Wendy not comment at this time.) We decided that, when Shelby and I returned from Tennessee, we'd once again try to break Shelby of this terrible habit. And it didn't matter how long it took; we were going to just deal with the lack of sleep. So Sunday night was our first attempt. Just after 11 p.m., Shelby woke up. I went in her room, gave her the pacifier, and laid her back down. That's when Channing and I started played Nerts in our bedroom. Fifteen minutes later, I went back in Shelby's room to reassure her. By the end of Round Two, with only a couple minutes remaining, we hear a thud, and a different kind of cry. So we go check on Shelby and there she is, standing at the door. Yep, the "thud" was Shelby hitting the floor when she climbed out of her crib. Lovely. So much for our plan to make her cry it out! We couldn't risk her getting hurt. Tuesday the side rail came off her crib and now Shelby sleeps in her "big girl bed" a good portion of the night. When she wakes up and calls for me, I go in and give her pacifier back to her and pat her back to get her to sleep. I know, I know, she's still getting her way for the most part. We are doing the best we can. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH DEEDER!!!!!!!!! Way to go! I had to do the same thing with Chloe until she'd go back to sleep. At least she stays in the bed and waits for you. I rememeber MANY nights curled up in Chloe's floor while she went back to sleep! Such a big girl! I promise it'll get easier from here in that aspect. I love your little KARMA!! Give her a hug and kiss from me!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of this blog was "LOVELY"...it was as if I could hear you saying it! I can just picture sweet little Shelby proud of her accomplishment, and your face when your sweet little one greeted you in the middle of the night at her door.

Look on the bright side... you have a true problem solver on your hands, and talk about determination - hurdling the crib railing - impressive. I love you! Here's to sleepless nights! Molly