Monday, January 15, 2007

Another Night Off


Well this week's night off went much much better. After last week's distracting and unproductive hour, I decided to stay away from Midnight Oil. Plus, Harding students are back, so I figured it would be packed. I made my way to Hastings, got a white chocolate mocha from the Hardback Cafe, and grabbed All Around the Town by Mary Higgins Clark, Queen of Suspense. I was there until 9 p.m. and loved the book so much that I bought it and am now (just before midnight) on page 203. Only 138 pages to go. The coffee is brewing. It's going to be a late night for me! Glad I have a little one who takes good naps.

3 comments:

Marie said...

wow...I tried to stay up and read Thorn in my Heart (Liz Curtis Higgs) last night and around 11 I was falling asleep even thought I wanted so badly to keep reading! Go you! Hope the book was really good. I'm so happy that your evening worked out !

Pat said...

If you hang out at the Oil, do you know Lisa's brother, Trey? Have you already made that connection? (I'm Lisa/Trey's mom, checking out her links.)

Carris Family said...

I read this one...it's good huh?! There is nothing like a good suspense/mystery book. I haven't read Mary Higgins Clark in years, I used to be a huge fan. I have been really into Christian authors, unfortunately the way I read through books I have been running low on selection. I actually was thinking about re-reading (for the hundredth time) Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. It is my favorite. Molly