Monday, February 12, 2007

Thankful for a Doctor Friend

Well, many who know me know that I am not always patient. After getting busy signal after busy signal, I finally got through, only to get the voice mail. I didn't want to wait on them to call back, since I'd more than likely be worked in sometime this afternoon, Channing's busiest time of day. So I went to one of Searcy's urgent care medical clinics, the doctor being a friend of ours. I love Prime Care Medical Clinic, not only because of JP, but also because I don't usually have to wait very long.

JP took one look at me and said, "Yep, that's pink eye!" I'm having to put eye drops in every few hours. I should start feeling better tomorrow. Whew.

Growing up, I was always told how contagious pink eye is. Actually I was always told that if you looked at someone with pink eye, you'd end up with it. Glad that's just a story teachers like me tell students to scare them into being extra careful!

I hate not being able to wear my contacts. My glasses are okay, but I just am not crazy about them. At least I don't have to worry about Shelby touching my eye, as the glasses do prevent that for the most part.

I'll be glad when this clears up, for reasons besides my vanity!

1 comments:

laura said...

I can remember being little in College Station and having to sit in a back classroom to color and play by myself at church while mom went to Ladies Bible Class because I had pink eye too. I would have to bet though that you are a better sport about the drops then I was at that age. I remember mom basically having to tackle/pin me to the bed to get them in my eyes. Oh the joys of parenthood :) Hope you feel better soon!