Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not Your Typical Night Out

Tonight I went to Midnight Oil with my friend Sarah. We had a good time together, until we left. A young man standing on the porch smoking ended up following us to my car. Just after I locked the doors, he tried to open the back passenger-side door to the car. Talk about a scary situation! I leaned over, looked at him, and yelled, "No!" Then I got the heck out of there! Sarah's father told us to call the police. So tonight I've spent some time on the phone with a very nice member of the Searcy Police Department. He offered to come by our house on his way home if it would make me feel better. I told him that wasn't necessary, but certainly appreciated the offer.

I am very thankful tonight that I wasn't alone, and that Shelby wasn't with me. I'm also thankful for the gift of having that feeling that someone isn't okay. If you ever get a feeling like that, trust it. Who knows, it might be God's way of protecting you.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my word! That's really scary! I thank God that He protected you.

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you had the frame of mind to just yell and go. That is really scary; I'm glad you are okay.

Lindsey Eason said...

Deidre - I just read your post to Chad and both of us were shocked!! I have chills right now - I'm so proud of you for having the courage to say "no" and not just running over him!! I really hope the police are able to find this guy before he does something like again! Midnight Oil...of all places!!!