Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Birthday Wishes for an Old Friend

Today, Traci is celebrating the big 2-8. Happy Birthday, Traci!!

Traci's family attended my home congregation for a few years. She'll tell you that the first time she met me, I was hiding under the table from our Sunday School teacher with some of my other friends. I don't remember that, but am sure it happened. I think I was in the third or fourth grade when Traci's family moved away, and we wrote letters for many years after that. We visited each other during the summers. I am very thankful that we stayed in touch all those years. After college, we lost contact with one another. However, just this past summer, we got back in touch thanks to Freed-Hardeman's Alumni Association! And, on the way to Chattanooga for that family reunion in June, we met for lunch in her town. We hadn't seen each other in years! It has been a tremendous blessing to have Traci back in my life. Honestly, it's like we were never out of contact.

Traci, I hope you have a great birthday. I thank God that we're back in touch. I love you, dear friend!



1 comments:

Traci said...

Thank you so much, sweet Dee! I'm glad we're back in each others' lives, too. I love you and cherish our friendship!