Sunday, September 17, 2006

Update on Family Stuff

First, I wanted to thank you all for praying about our weekend.

The time spent with my family on Saturday for Justin's birthday was good. We ate great food, thanks to the culinary skills of my sister Nunda and her husband John. There were a lot of laughs too. We took family pictures. Nunda's great idea was for all of us to wear white shirts and blue jeans. I think they will turn out great. We'll post some when they get developed. Justin was very quiet, and no one said anything about his return to Fort Carson or his deployment. I think we are all just trying to focus on the positive. I just pray that Justin knows that we all love him and will lift him up to the Father every day.

Grandmother was discharged from the hospital on Friday. We aren't sure exactly why, except that the pneumonia was clearing up and she would be returning to the nursing home for continued care. Unfortunately, when we returned from lunch today, we learned that Grandmother had been taken back to the hospital. She is suffering from slight dehydration, pneumonia, and low blood pressure. (I think that's all.) Please continue to pray for her comfort and health.

Please keep all of us in your prayers, as there is just so much going on in my family right now!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

We'll be keeping your family in our prayers!