Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I love Chi Omega Pi...

Okay, so I may be going overboard with all these Chi Omega Pi memories, but after looking at all the pictures I've got here, I am feeling quite nostalgic! This all started last week when Jen Gorham blogged about getting a new pink cell phone. She received several comments from former Chi-O's about how they loved pink after being in the pink & green club at Harding. After that, some of the girls made posts on their own blogs about Chi Omega Pi and memories from that special time. Now it's my turn. I LOVED being in Chi-O's!! While I didn't limit myself by only having Chi-O friends, the club was a big part of my Harding experience. Chi-O's helped me grow in many ways. I developed friendships with people that I still have today. Those of you who weren't in Chi-O's...I'm sorry to say that this blog entry might be a bit boring for you.

I remember when Jen and I drove out to Little Indian Creek for "rough night" and were trying to be so tough. I had a hard time keeping a straight face. We had two pledges in the backseat and wouldn't let them talk. Jen borrowed some heavy metal music from Greg Swackhammer and was playing it in the car. I hate heavy metal and was so miserable! I think we both were!

Sophomore year we made a video for the beaux. On it, there are some clips from a softball game. Of all the hitters shown, I was the only one who struck out. How embarrassing! Would you believe though that the next year, I had to fill in during an A-team game and hit a triple?! Where was the video camera then?

Junior year there was a girl who wanted to get in Chi-O's so bad that she sent everyone notes that said, "Fly High with Chi Omega Pi!" I don't remember if she got in, but boy did that little phrase give us some laughs!

The night of the Pie Party junior year, my boyfriend and I broke up. The couple who rode with us broke up that night too. That was quite the ride back to campus! Believe it or not, there wasn't much conversation.

Senior year, on a whim, I asked a practical stranger to the Pie Party. (Molly, do you remember? It was Todd Litton from Michigan!) Guess I wasn't wanting any awkward car rides. It was still a weird night, though. At least I have the funny memory and picture to go along with it.

That year, Lauren (Hensley) Orbison pledged. I wish we had gotten to know each other back then. She now works with Channing at Families, Inc. and has become one of my dearest friends. I don't have a picture with her, otherwise she'd be on one of the picture posts!

Don't forget Jeannine's squirrel impression and Victoria Rachel's song with the line "Please don't use your stick as a knife!"

Thanks for sticking with me! Hope you enjoyed my trip down memory lane.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I am happy you are being nostalgic too! Ever since posting on my blog I have been rifiling through boxes (since nothing is unpacked) looking for my pictures. It was great to see some and to relive more memories. What great times with wonderful girls. I bet we could all pick up where we left off and have a great time!

Lisa said...

I'm lovin' this too. I have been thinking more about ChiOs in the past week than I was for the last few years. I miss all you guys, and I miss that time in my life. Thanks for sharing all those pictures, even though lots of your family & friends weren't in ChiOs. It's nice to remember all those sweet times with the girls. I am enjoying getting to know you all as "grown-ups" too, though!

Lauren said...

It is so neat to look back and see how these friendships have developed over the years and most still continue to this day. Thanks for sharing your memories and reminding us that relatioships are one of the most precious blessings God has given us here on this earth, as we are able to share our lives with one another:) Thanks for being a good friend.