Friday, September 08, 2006

Our Week

On Sunday, Shelby and I left to visit family in Tennessee. Channing went to a wedding that night in Searcy and then to a wonderful men's worship night led by Chris Austin. Monday, Shelby and I visited Nunda and her family. It was so good to see Justin again, who is home from Fort Carson, Colorado. Shelby loves her cousins (Justin and Morgan), Aunt Nunda, and Uncle John! Channing spent his Labor Day relaxing, watching Lord of the Rings, and having a cook-out with a couple friends. It was back to work on Tuesday for Channing. Shelby and I got to visit extended family all day on Tuesday. That morning, we hung out with Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Joe for a little while, which is always a blessing. We love them and always enjoy getting to see them while we're in town. Later that day, my cousin Donna (visiting from Alaska) came over to my parents' house, along with Aunt Pat and Uncle Don, my dad's sister and brother. We just don't see extended family often enough. It was so good to see Donna and catch up with her family. We hope to make it up to Alaska sometime for a visit, especially since Channing used to live there and is itching to get back. Shelby and I came home on Wednesday. It was so good to get back! Channing had a beautiful vase of flowers waiting for me on the dining room table. What a wonderful surprise to come home to!! Shelby was tickled to see her daddy. She kept putting her little hands on his face and hugging him. Being gone for several days at the beginning of the week has really made it a short one for me. Channing has had to remind me more than once that today is Friday and that another weekend is upon us!

0 comments: