Friday, September 15, 2006

Emotional Weekend Ahead

Please pray for us. This weekend's trip to Tennesee was originally planned to celebrate my nephew's 20th birthday and see him before he leaves for Iraq. That's going to make this weekend hard enough. While it will be good to see everyone in my family, I am dreading that last hug with Justin as I walk out my sister's door. Justin will be deployed in October, and will be gone about a year. So, please pray for Justin's peace of mind as he gets ready to leave. Pray also for his safety while he is away. And pray for all of us, the Channing, Mathis, and Morris families, as we will certainly be worrying about Justin. Pray that God will give all of us His peace.

While in Tennessee, we will also visit my grandmother, who has been in the hospital with pneumonia this week. Grandmother is 95 and has had several hospital trips in the last year for various things. This seems to be the worst, most serious situation. Pray for Grandmother, that she will be comfortable and pain-free. Pray also for my parents, and my dad's siblings as they spend a lot of time at the hospital with Grandmother.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Your family is in my prayers. I am glad you will get to see Justin before he leaves for Iraq.

Traci said...

I cannot even believe that Justin is old enough to go to Iraq. Last time I saw him, he was still a kid. Wow! All three families will definitely be in my prayers. Ya'll be careful this weekend! Love you!

laura said...

I can't even believe that he is old enough for that! wasn't he just like 12 last time i checked? i will definitely be praying for you all, all things this weekend involoved.