Friday, April 20, 2007

More Updates

Channing is doing much better. He has been without fever for a couple days. The tenderness is subsiding. Of course, there is still some discomfort and pain. But, things are looking up. He has gone on a few walks with Sammie since his surgery. It is so exciting that he is no longer in pain in his back, legs, and feet. Thank God for a successful surgery! We return to Little Rock for a follow-up visit with the surgeon on Tuesday. Hopefully we will get an idea of when he will be able to return to work.

Mom and Dad went home on Monday. We really appreciated their coming. Mom made some yummy meals and her fabulous peach cobbler while they were here. Amber (my cousin) came over this afternoon to keep Shelby occupied while I got some stuff done around the house. Silas and Lauren Orbison brought us dinner tonight and ate with us. Thanks for all the prayers and words of encouragement so many of you have given us.

I have not heard from my sister yet as to whether or not she's heard from Justin. I know that things are really bad over there and pray for him several times each day. When I pray for Justin, not only do I pray for his safety, but also for his mental state as he has to witness so many horrible things each day. I know that so many people are praying for Justin, as well as the other soldiers. Those prayers are deeply appreciated.

Our dear friends, Mike and Angelina, will be coming for a visit this weekend. They quickly became good friends of ours while we were dating. Mike and Angelina lived next door to Channing. We were so sad to see them leave a couple months after our wedding. It will be so good so see them again, as well as their children!

I have mentioned that we did not have a fence when we adopted Sammie. Well, thankfully, our fence should be completed on Saturday. I am looking forward to that! Not that I am not enjoying having Sammie around, but a fenced-in backyard will come in handy these next two or three weeks!

0 comments: