Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Another Prayer Request for Channing

Okay guys, we need your prayers right now. After the two steroid shots did not provide relief for the back/leg pain like we hoped, Channing decided not to have the third shot. So he was sent to a surgeon last week. There was an opening for surgery this Friday, and we're taking it.

The surgery is minor and will be out-patient. They'll make a small incision and will cut off the portion of the disc that's protruding. It should take 1 to 1.5 hours and then another 2 hours or so until we can go home.

He will be out of commission for at least 10 days. No driving. No bending over. No picking things up (this includes Shelby). Nothing.

Please pray for the surgery to go well; for our nerves so that they won't be shot and we won't worry. Please pray also that the recovery will be a smooth one, with as little time off work as possible.

Thank you, Sarah and Amber, for making yourselves available to keep Shelby for us on Friday. Sarah, thanks for keeping Shelby when we went to LR for the steroid injections. Channing and I are also very thankful for my parents, who are coming on Friday to stay however long we need. We don't know what we'd do without each of you!

We appreciate your prayers.

3 comments:

Marie said...

You all (espically Channing) are in my prayers. I'll be thinking of you this week/weekend!

Traci said...

I will definitely keep your family in my prayers. Please let us know how everything goes. It is a blessing that you have friends and family to be able to help with Shelby and whatever else you need. I'll talk to you soon, I hope! Love you!

Jennifer said...

We're praying. I can imagine the stress it provides, and I'm glad you have community and family to lean on.