Monday, December 11, 2006

Today's Prayer Request #2

Please be praying for Channing. He has an appointment tomorrow with a neurologist. I don't know that I have blogged about his back problems yet. Channing has three herniated (sp?) discs in his back, a pinched nerve, and a compression on his spinal cord. This is causing a lot of pain down his back and legs. Tomorrow's appointment is to discuss treatment options. The options are a steriod shot in the back as well as back surgery. Pray for God to heal Channing's back. Pray that surgery will not be necessary.

3 comments:

Marie said...

My dad has the same problem (willbe getting the steriod shots till surgery is necessary) and my cousin had surgery a few years ago for a herniated disc. I will be praying for Channing as he weighs his options, and for you and Shelby- being sick with kids is no easy task. Get plenty of rest and try to take it easy!

Anonymous said...

I Will be praying for Channing, and I hope you and Shelby get better. Me and Chandler had that virus yesterday and we are feeling better.
Love Tara

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the Dr's will find a safe non-evasive fix. I know you dont want surgery. Those shots work for a period of time, but then it seems you are a slave to them. Surgery for anyone is scary... but trust me. Without my back surgery, I wouldnt be where I am now. I pray that you guys get the results you need to get thru his pain.