Saturday, December 16, 2006

Shelby and Santa

This morning we drove to Little Rock on a mission. We wanted Shelby to meet Santa Claus and have her picture taken with him. We also needed to go by Target to finish up our shopping. So we went to McCain Mall, and got in line to see Santa. Shelby was saying, "Santa! Santa" over and over. Once we were at the front of the line, Shelby was able to see him, and, I am not kidding, her mouth dropped wide open. We walked over to see Santa and said hello, and then I tried to put Shelby in Santa's lap. That was a bad idea. Shelby started screaming. Very loudly! So I got the great idea for all three of us to have our picture taken. Channing on one side, and I on the other. When I tried to put Shelby between Santa and me, there were more screams. So, no Santa pictures this year! We didn't want to torture Shelby. We'll try again next year. Wonder if she'll do better then.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was terrified of Santa when I was small. Hopefully next year will be better! Sounds like you guys had a great time, Christmas has got to be so much fun with a child!

Anonymous said...

I have a dozen pictures of screaming children in Santa's lap. All of my kids gave me the impression they would be excited about sitting with Santa, & then the moment arrived & EVERY one of them screamed!! Nathan was about 10 mos. old, Jeremy almost a year, & Derek a year & a month. We haven't taken the kids to Santa this year (not yet anyway), but I think Derek will be upset about it. It's just one of those things children can appreciate from a distance only!!

Anonymous said...

Chandler is terrified of santa we still don't have a picture. I hope next year will be better for ya'll

Carris Family said...

We decided not to tackle the whole Santa visit thing this year. Mostly because the idea fighting the crowds at the mall, standing in line for hours to see a man dressed in red and white, doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun for Mommy. Maybe next year. Molly