Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Shelby and I headed to Tennessee on Friday to spend the weekend with my parents and to see my friend Stacy and her family. The Wallace family lives in Michigan now, so I don't get to see this old friend very often. Whenever she comes to Tennessee, I try to be there as well.

Shelby had a great time with Nona and Papa. I found some of my old toys that Shelby had never played with before, as well as a set of Duplo blocks that Mom had for Morgan when he was little. Shelby loved my Little People Farm and the "moo" sound she heard every time the barn door opened or closed. We brought the blocks home with us. Shelby likes to dump them all out of the bucket and leave the room.

Saturday night Shelby and I went to see Stacy's family at her parents' house. There was quite a crew there and Shelby played with Stacy's son and niece while I visited with the adults. Well, Shelby followed Jacob and Anna around more than anything. Thanks to Stacy's husband, Alan, for keeping an eye on Shelby while Stacy and I talked on the porch.

Shelby went to Bible Hour at Park Avenue on Sunday. This was her first time. I was really glad that Jacob was in there too...a familiar face for Shelby. I hope she does such a great job next time, even though he won't be there!

Channing drove over after lunch on Sunday. I had originally planned to come home on Sunday, but Stacy talked me into staying. I asked Channing to come spend the rest of the long weekend with his two girls, and he couldn't resist! The Corder family at Park Avenue has hosted the Annual Hot Dog Feast every Labor Day weekend for as long as I can remember. We had a ball playing out at the Corder's, eating hot dogs and homemade ice cream, and visiting with friends. There were a couple other people from my old youth group visiting as well, so we had a little reunion. It was so good to see Jonathan and his sister Rachel again. Who knows, maybe we'll start a tradition.

Channing had a client to see back home on Monday, so he headed back before we did. Shelby and I went to my sister's house. We had lunch together and had a great time playing together. When we were ready to go, my car wouldn't start. I learned that the average life of a battery is five years. Thanks to my sweet brother-in-law for taking care of us! He took out the old battery and replaced it at Auto Zone in the hot afternoon sun.

We took a lot of pictures over the weekend. Enjoy many of them below!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deidre, I so enjoyed getting to spend time with you this weekend! Thank you so much for staying for the hotdog feast, it meant so much to me. I just can't get enough of that precious girl of yours--she is adorable in the pictures you post, but they just can't capture how absolutely perfect and cute her little personality is. Also, it was so good to get to talk to Channing a little bit, even though it was brief. I really would like the chance to get to know him better. I love you so much. Thank you for being my friend!

Lauren said...

Glad you got to spend some time with friends and family over the long weekend. I know that time is special for you guys. I love the pictures too!

Anonymous said...

My post wasn't supposed to say anonymous! If you hadn't figured it out, the first post was from me!