Thursday, September 06, 2007

Carpenter's Kids

Today was Shelby's first day at Carpenter's Kids. Carpenter's Kids is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at College Church. The first day was actually Tuesday, but Shelby had a runny nose and cough that was bad enough to keep her home. She's much better now, so she got to go today. Daddy dropped her off, and he said she was so excited to be there! We went to Orientation last week, and Shelby met her teachers and some of her classmates. Two of her friends from Bible class at Downtown are in her class at Carpenter's Kids. When Mommy went to pick her up, Shelby's teacher said she did great and had a lot of fun.

Shelby is in a Tadpole class. She gets to have Bible lessons and play with her friends all morning! They serve lunch, so Shelby got to pick out a lunch bag at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. She picked a pink and green one with butterflies on it, by the way!

I think the morning wore her out. She slept most of the afternoon today!

2 comments:

Carris Family said...

Are you kidding me? Off to school already? Talk of lunch boxes and back packs...this is making my head swim, before long it will be high school graduation day!

What a blessing that Shelby has access to such an incredible program! I hope she continues to do well.
Molly

Anonymous said...

This is more of a mother's day out program. I was surprised when I got the note that said to bring her lunch. I would rather it be a little shorter morning, but she loved it and it gives me a chance to run errands, pay bills, clean, etc by myself.