Monday, September 10, 2007

100 Things

I have seen this one some friends' blogs. I think the idea is to be tagged, but I thought I'd voluntarily do this. I won't tag anybody, but give it a try when you have some time on your hands. Since this blog is about our family, Channing and I decided to make this list about all of us. We came up with most of these together while driving to Texas a few weeks ago.

  1. I was born and raised in Memphis.
  2. I grew up being a huge Elvis fan.
  3. I've been to Graceland twice.
  4. My birthday is on St. Patrick's Day every year. (Yes, I actually get asked that!)
  5. I lived in the same house while I was growing up. My parents moved almost 3 years ago, and it still feels weird not going back to that house on Meadowick.
  6. I am the youngest of three children.
  7. I'm left-handed.
  8. I went to the same school all 13 years.
  9. I played soccer, basketball, and volleyball while in elementary school.
  10. I even was a cheerleader one year, believe it or not.
  11. In the seventh grade I played volleyball.
  12. The day of our team picture, I walked into a huge window in the gym that I thought was an open door.
  13. Sometimes I'm quite klutzy...if that's the right word for it!
  14. I've taken swimming lessons twice, but still am not a good swimmer.
  15. I took piano lessons and hated it, but now I wish I had stuck with it.
  16. I was a soprano in high school chorus, but there's no way I can sing that high now!
  17. During my senior year of high school, I was a nun in The Sound of Music.
  18. I was in two social clubs while at HU.
  19. I had three nephews before I got married.
  20. Now that I'm married, I have six nephews and six nieces.
  21. One of my nieces is only two months younger than me.
  22. I'm also a great-aunt...at least 10 times!
  23. I love to read.
  24. Mary Higgins Clark is one of my favorite authors.
  25. I also enjoy books by Francine Rivers.
  26. I did not enjoy reading Harry Potter.
  27. In fact, I didn't even finish the first book!
  28. I've always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom.
  29. I love watching old movies.
  30. Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorites.
  31. I am addicted to caffeine, especially coffee.
  32. And to the blog world.
  33. I love to play games.
  34. Scrabble is one of my favorites.
  35. The card game Nerts nearly gives me a heart attack.
  36. Channing grew up in Texas.
  37. He is one of six children.
  38. He's 5th in the line-up.
  39. He became an uncle at age 3.
  40. When he was in the 9th grade, he moved to Alaska.
  41. He was on the yearbook staff for 3 years in high school.
  42. While in Alaska, he took painting lessons from Vernon Cross and Shane Lamb.
  43. Channing painted three murals, by himself and with friends, in both Texas and Alaska.
  44. After graduating from high school, he went on a solo camping trip to Katmai National Park.
  45. It was a gift from an Alaskan airline.
  46. He took a year off before going to college.
  47. He had a job as a pharmacy tech and an EMT during that time.
  48. He actually was a pre-med major as a college freshman.
  49. He had three other majors after that.
  50. The third one was Youth and Family Ministry.
  51. His Bachelor's degree is in that.
  52. He went on summer campaigns to Australia and Scotland.
  53. He was a photographer for The Bison at HU.
  54. He was a youth intern for two summers before graduating.
  55. It makes him feel old that some of those teens have already graduated from college!
  56. He spent his last semester of college in Greece.
  57. One spring break, he and a buddy headed west to see the Grand Canyon.
  58. They turned around and ended up camping in Smoky Mountain National Park.
  59. He's been in at least 10 weddings as ring bearer, candlelighter, usher, groomsman, and best man.
  60. He's driven across Canada twice. (North to South)
  61. Channing is a LMT and LPC.
  62. He enjoys challenging his wife and mother-in-law to Scrabble games.
  63. Sometimes he even wins! :)
  64. He has the Greek key tattooed on his left ring finger.
  65. He loves camping.
  66. He loves hiking.
  67. He wants to go camping and hiking this fall.
  68. He recently started his own counseling agency.
  69. His wife thinks he's an amazing dad.
  70. His daughter thinks so too.
  71. Shelby was due July 15.
  72. But she was born June 14.
  73. She spent the first two weeks of life in NICU.
  74. She had a head full of dark brown hair when she was born.
  75. Now it's blonde.
  76. She's already lived in two houses.
  77. She slept better at 2 months than she does at 2 years.
  78. She uses both hands a lot.
  79. But seems to favor her right.
  80. She got her first tooth at 10 months.
  81. She waited until after her first birthday to get any more.
  82. She loves to sing.
  83. She lifts her hands when she sings praise and worship songs.
  84. Her favorite song right now is Blessed Be Your Name.
  85. She asks to hear it every time she gets in the car.
  86. And sings along.
  87. She loves Veggie Tales and The Backyardigans.
  88. She loves going to the zoo.
  89. She's already been 6 times.
  90. Her favorite animal is a gorilla.
  91. She loves pandas too.
  92. She loves to be read to.
  93. She looks at her books more than she plays with her toys.
  94. She has 6 dolls.
  95. She can recognize the letter W.
  96. She squeals in delight when we pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot.
  97. She loves pizza.
  98. She even says, "Pizza! I love it!"
  99. Her favorite colors are pink and purple.
  100. Her favorite Bible stories are Jonah and Moses.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed reading all about your family. I love card games...I think I am going to search for directions on how to play Nerts.

Julie said...

thanks for sharing all that...seems like not that long ago we were sitting in the NICU with you guys in Little Rock. now look what an amazing little girl that baby has grown up to be!