Sunday, July 15, 2007

National Ice Cream Day


According to My Yahoo!, today is National Ice Cream Day. I love ice cream. As you can see from these photos, so does Shelby!

Tonight we are hosting our home Bible study and I'm so excited about the dessert I've fixed. (Thanks to Lauren for the recipe!) I just thought I'd share...
Using a 9x13 baking dish, make a bottom layer of ice cream sandwiches. Then, for the second layer, use any of your favorite ice cream syrups. (I used chocolate fudge and caramel.) Third, spread Cool-Whip on top. Then make another layer of ice cream sandwiches. Finally top with your favorite candy topping. (Some have used broken pieces of Heath or Butterfinger. Lauren and I both have used the Hershey's topping with sprinkles and little bitty chocolate chips.) Freeze until ready to eat. You will need 24 ice cream sandwiches to make this yummy treat, although you might have 1 or 2 left over.

What is your favorite ice cream treat?
What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

4 comments:

Our Family said...

I have two favorite flavors. It's a toss-up between Peanut Butter and Chocolate from Baskin Robbins and Breyer's Rocky Road. ~Dee

Our Family said...

Mine is Rocky Road or Mint Chocolate Chip. ~Chan

Lindsey Eason said...

Wow - that looks so delicious and I will definitely have to make that recipe SOON! In fact, I'm having a play-date at my house this week and I'm thinking that will be perfect for all the kiddo's (and the mommies!). Thanks for sharing!

Traci said...

I love any ice cream that has chocolate in it! I'm not picky. :)