Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just the Two of Us

Channing and I spent this past weekend in Nashville, TN. We left Searcy on Thursday and made it back home yesterday afternoon. Much of our time was spent at a marriage seminar. We met some really wonderful people with whom we hope to remain in contact. God really blessed our weekend. We needed this time alone together, especially considering the last time we went away together was in March of 2005.

Shelby did really well, considering this was the first time she's been away from both of us. She stayed Thursday through Saturday with a family from church. Sean and Sarah kept her at our house the rest of the time. We really appreciate friends who are willing to take care of our little girl for us. It was a blessing to be so far away, for several days, and not have to worry about Shelby.

How did we do away from Shelby for the first time? We did fine. Like I said, it helped that we left her with people we knew would take good care of her. Also, we were really busy with the seminar. It lasted all three days, and we had assignments to complete each evening.

Chan and I have agreed that we WILL NOT let another two years pass before we get away. It was so needed. We had a blast!

5 comments:

Marie said...

In Nashville and you didn't come see us! I'm sad! No, I am so glad that you were able to spend some time together

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the two of you were able to get away together. I hope you had a wonderful time and that God blesses your marriage. I love you!

Wendy said...

SO glad you guys had a great time. David took me to Nashville on Saturday for a quick day trip and romp around a water park, the Opryland Hotel, Opry Mills mall, Lipscomb campus, and one of his favorite restaurants. VERY tiring day, but loads of fun! Next trip will be to Searcy and Heber hopefully!!! I'm still dying to go camping when it gets cooler. love you Deeder!

Traci said...

I'm really glad ya'll had a great weekend together. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Dee, I know I understand the feeling of having or not having one on one time with your husband because of busy lives, work, and things that just get in the way. I am glad you were able to have a wonderful weekend with your husband to fall in love over again and to remember why you fell in love in the first place - that is so very important. It just makes life that much easier when you and your husband are on the same page emotionally and spiritually. Love you, Jenelle