Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pray for Justin

Justin was injured over the weekend when an IED (Improvised Explosive Device, a.k.a booby trap) exploded. Right now, he is in a hospital in Iraq, but will be sent to Germany for better medical services. The Army has listed Justin in serious condition; however, his injuries are not life-threatening. He has a lot of shrapnel in his body, from the waist down. The main concern right now is Justin's foot. (I think just one, not both.) An officer at Fort Carson (Colorado) told my sister that it doesn't seem to need amputation. When Justin gets to Germany, they will be able to know more. If necessary, Justin will be sent back to the States for rehabilitation. Please join us in praying for a full recovery.

My sister talked to Justin this morning. He is doing okay. He's certainly in pain and was very groggy.

I have already received several encouraging e-mails and phone calls. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a close friend whose brother recently died in Iraq. He was in an explosives unit. I have been thinking about and praying for Justin. He's been on my mind a lot. I'm so grateful his injuries weren't worse -- though I know he is probably frustrated about the situation and in quite a bit of pain!

Anonymous said...

I will be keeping Justin, and your family, in my prayers. I hope his injuries can be resolved and healed quickly.