Sunday, December 16, 2007

Our Weekend

This weekend started off with a wonderful visit from Charles, Julie, and Ryan Kiser. They were in town for his sister's graduation from HU. As usual, Channing and I felt so blessed by our time with them. We are so thankful for friendships like the one we have with Charles and Julie!

After the Kisers left for graduation, our weekend took a turn for the worse. Sometime between breakfast and lunch, Shelby came down with a stomach virus. We must have said, "Bless your heart" a lot to her, because one of the times Shelby was sitting on the potty, all she could say was, "I have diarrhea. Bless my heart!"

Thankfully, Shelby was better by Sunday morning; however, her daddy stayed home from church with her, just in case. I was blessed to hear a powerful testimony by one of my dear friends during class. Thank you, Lara, for sharing with us. I love you!

After lunch, we made the drive to Little Rock to go see Santa. This year went much better than last year! All three of us were in the picture, but Shelby did talk to Santa and blew him a kiss. Who knows how brave she'll be next year! We got more Christmas shopping done at McCain Mall and Target. I am just about done, and am so glad!

Tonight we watched the Survivor finale and were fairly pleased with the outcome. Anybody else out there Survivor fans?

Hope you guys had a good weekend. May you be blessed in the coming week!

1 comments:

Lara said...

Bless her heart!! I bet you about fell out laughing.

I was totally blessed by the talk in class. I felt such peace after I was finished. That was worth the tears and stress!

Don't tell me who won Survivor! I've been trying for 2 days to finish the finale episode online and I keep having internet or streaming problems and am trying to keep my cool. I'm gonna try again right now. I can't believe I have to choose between these final three. Ick. I wanted Deneice to win so she'd have money for a new hairstyle!

Love you MUCHO GUSTO!