Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weekend Getaway

So this past weekend, Channing and I went to Branson for a couple of days. My parents came and stayed with Shelby. Shelby loved having Nona and Papa all to herself! We were so thankful that they came to take care of her so that we could have some time together.

We got to Branson Saturday afternoon, checked-in at our hotel, and then went to Branson Landing for the evening. We had dinner at the White River Fish Company, did some window shopping, and saw an incredible light/water/music show. On the way back to the car, we got some yummy Starbucks coffee. Sunday morning we had to go to a presentation for a time-share company. You'll be happy to know that we stood our ground and did not make a purchase, but boy are we convinced that time-shares are the way to go! Maybe someday...hopefully! We spent the afternoon shopping at Tanger Outlet. I spent my birthday money and a little more at a couple of stores. I love shopping in Branson...they have the best deals!! Sunday night we had dinner at BT Bones Steakhouse. Don't ever eat there. It was a terrible experience and I actually ended up getting sick as a result of their food. (Thankfully I didn't get sick until Monday morning and it didn't ruin our trip!) After dinner we saw The Promise, a wonderful show about the life of Jesus Christ. Our weekend getaway was just what we needed...so wonderful and relaxing. I can't wait to do something like that again!

Us at Branson Landing

Light/Water show

4 comments:

Corrie said...

Deidre--I am so glad that you had a good time on your trip! Sorry about the bad food, but I'm glad it didn't ruin things.
About the timeshares--if you do decide to do this someday, do a lot of research before you buy. Many, many people are stuck in timeshares that they don't want and can't sell. Here is a short little article from Clark Howard--a talk show host whom I greatly respect. http://clarkhoward.com/shownotes/category/10/64/208/
I have used his advice many, many times. He says that timeshares lose about 80% of their value as soon as you sign the paperwork.
That sounds like a really fun trip--Jon and I are hoping to get away for a night for our 10th anniversary this summer. We'll see! :-)

Lauren said...

glad you had fun on your trip. I will remember not to eat there if we go to Branson again! Hopefully we can get together soon and catch up.

Lara said...

I'm glad y'all got away and had a good time. We were there during spring break and loved the Landing. See my facebook pic right now? It's me eating a fish (bench) there at the end of the Landing.

Christy Brockman said...

Oh how fun! I've never been to Branson. I'm glad you were able to get away a little and rejuvenate. And I agree about the timeshare thing - I've heard a lot of horror stories. Okay, enough unsolicited advice. Keep blogging!