Saturday, April 05, 2008

Date Night

Last night I had a movie night with some of the junior high girls at Downtown. This was the perfect opportunity for Shelby and Daddy to go on a date. Shelby was very excited, and even told Aunt Nunda about it when she called during supper. (Imagine Aunt Nunda's reaction when Shelby said, "I have to go. I have a date.")

For their date, Daddy took Shelby to Hastings and read some books together. Then they went to McDonald's where they shared an ice cream sundae.

Daddy and Shelby had a great time together!

Super cute in her jogging suit, Keds, and fancy pony tail ribbons!

Ready to go...with Kacey, of course!

6 comments:

Christy Brockman said...

How fun for her and dad to get that special time together! Loving the posts!

Jenny said...

that is so sweet! i remember having date night with my dad when my mom would be out with friends. i know those times mean so much to both of them! and hey-thank you for updating...i worry about you when you don't update your blog :)!

Julie said...

That is too sweet. Reading and ice cream is a very great date indeed.

Christie said...

That is great. Ben and Julie have their daddy/daughter times on Saturday morning each week so they can spend some one on one time together, and I can have a little alone time. It's great!
Let me know when you'll be in town next, I'm looking forward to the zoo with you! -Christie

Marie said...

Yeah for daddy time! Date nights are the best. I still remember my date nights with my dad.

Christy Brockman said...

Deidre, I tagged you on my blog to answer Q's about yourself, only if you want. Go to my blog to get info.