Thursday, February 21, 2008

Grace Brewer

Last Friday, Grace Brewer went Home after a battle with cancer. I got to know Grace while at Covenant Fellowship Church. She taught the pre-schoolers' Bible class for years. I remember helping out in there and how all the little ones loved Miss Grace. A couple of years ago, a small group of ladies met together every week to play Skip-bo and visit. I went as often as I could and really enjoyed the time with Grace and the other ladies. Grace was genuinely interested in my life and things I was dealing with as a new mom. She had a lot of encouragement and advice to offer, and I was thankful for it.

Her memorial service was Monday at Downtown. The auditorium was packed with people who came because, as one family member said, Grace touched their lives. What a precious woman she was. I am so thankful to have known her.

1 comments:

Christy Brockman said...

Deidre-
I am glad that God blessed you with such an encouraging friend in your life. May her reward be great in Heaven for the countless lives that she touched.
Love you,
Christy