Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Two Books in Less Than 36 Hours

Monday night I did something I haven't done in a while. I got out of the house all by myself. My first stop was the library, where I checked out two books, I'll Be Seeing You by Mary Higgins Clark and The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. I made my way to campus, and found a comfy chair in the Heritage, and began reading the MHC novel. I made it home by 9:00 and got back to reading after Channing went to bed, staying up until just before 1:30 a.m. Like I've said before, I love Mary Higgins Clark!! I finished that one this afternoon. I'll Be Seeing You was written in the early 90s. I don't know why I hadn't read it before. It's a great book.

I just finished The Wedding. I think this is one of the best I've read by Sparks. It's the follow-up to The Notebook. And, yep, I cried. If you liked The Notebook, trust me, you'll love The Wedding.

A big thanks to my sweet husband for taking care of the bedtime routine two nights in a row so that I could read these books. And I can't forget my sweet Shelby who played so well Tuesday while Mommy read. (Don't worry, I didn't ignore her!)

5 comments:

Jason said...

Glad you are getting time to read! I have been reading too, lately and it amuses Jason greatly! I guess he has been the reader for the past 4.5 years while in grad school so to see me so engrossed in a book is strange for him (well...and me to be honest!). I am reading High Calling - the story of astronaut Rick Husband who was the Columbia commander. It is great so far!!! Enjoy your reading...
-- Nicole

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who inhales fiction. Jonathan chuckles at me because I just can't put them down, especially when they are soooo good! I have very little skills in delayed gratification when it comes to good books. Glad you got a chance to enjoy some solitude and reading!

Lindsey Eason said...

I just got caught up on all your blogs since being back in town from travelling. Just wanted to say how adorable Shelby's room is - isn't it nice to have an offical room to keep all the toys?! The pics with her and her friend in one of your previous posts was darlin...her hair is getting so long and she looks quite a bit older! Glad to hear you are taking time to read - I love Sparks, Francine Rivers, and Mary Higgens Clark!

Wendy said...

Ah yes... The Wedding. GREAT book. See that's why I don't read right now. I can't put it down after I start. Glad you got some time to do that!

Leslie said...

Lucky you. I am so jealous because I love a good reading marathon.