Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back to School

No, no one in this house is heading back to school. But, most schools are already in session for a new school year. I do not miss the first day of school. I remember being very nervous for the first few days of each new school year. The night before I left for Harding as a freshman I couldn't sleep, because of nervousness and excitement. After that first semester as a college student, however, I was always very excited to get back to college life.

What were the first days of school like for you?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I am a huge dork (as evidenced by my 11 years in school post high school), so I love school, especially the first day of school. I will greatly miss it. I used to (even in grad school) lay out my outfit the night before the first day in preparation. I was always so excited that night and could barely sleep. All of my friends made fun of me for this, but I didn't care...I was off to school :)

Anonymous said...

I always got really excited about the beginning of a new year. I guess that's 'cause I get excited about change & new beginnings. It surprised me that my husband wasn't all that excited for this new school year to start. I was thinking he'd look forward to actually know what he was doing at the beginning of a school year. :) That was the first time I realized that not everyone gets excited about the new school year.

Carris Family said...

The first day of school was always intimidating to me, so many unknowns, and new experiences, but once I had my special outfit picked out and the actual first day of school arrived I was super excited and always had a blast. In my family we had the tradition of always taking a first day of the new school year picture. When I went to Harding I remember as a freshman making my roommate pose with me on our first day of class so I could mail it home to my mom. Hmmmmm good memories. Oh and who can forget the fun of all the new school supplies. I love this time of year! Molly