Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Colds

Well, I am officially the only member of the Channing household that does not have a cold. My sweet husband is not usually one to complain about feeling bad. That means that he can be in the early stages of a cold without my knowledge. Now that Shelby is on the scene, that isn't a good thing! We figured out Shelby wasn't feeling well last night around 9:00. She had fallen asleep and woke up screaming. Not just crying, SCREAMING. This happened every few minutes. We decided that it would be best for me to sleep in the guest room with Shelby last night, since Channing has to work today. Not that it helped much; Shelby's crying woke up her daddy anyway. She and I were up many times throughout the night. It was pitiful last night. Shelby obviously was feeling really really crummy and of course could not tell me about it. Hopefully we will both be able to get a nap or two in today.

If you're reading this today or in the next couple of days, please say a prayer for the health of our family. This is the second round of summer colds for us. We hope it's the last!

3 comments:

Carris Family said...

Ahhhhh...What a bummer! I am keeping up guys in my prayers! Reading your e-mail tugs at my heart strings since I can totally relate to being exhausted and restless nights of sleep :). (Sorry I missed your call last week, I will try and call once I know your rested). Molly

Traci said...

Oh, poor baby! I hope your family gets well soon! My prayers are with you.

Marie said...

We are going through the same thing- Matt is the only healthy one right now. You are in our prayers for a speedy recovery.