Thursday, June 29, 2006


One year ago today, Channing and I received the wonderful news that we'd been waiting two weeks to hear. Shelby's lungs had cleared and she'd developed an acceptable appetite. We were allowed to bring her home to Searcy. I remember thinking that Channing and I would lose it whenever we brought her home, that we'd cry our eyes out; however, when the day finally came, we were too overjoyed to cry. This picture was taken soon after she came home. (Thanks to Todd and Casey for loaning their sweet Moses basket for Shelby to sleep in those first few weeks at home!)

1 comments:

Carris Family said...

She is so beautiful! I forgot how much gorgeous hair your sweet baby girl had. I remember praying unceasingly for little Shelby, and remember such a feeling of relief when she came home. I imagine it was an emotional day for you to reflect on the events of one year ago today.