Sunday, May 17, 2009

Holding Katelyn for the First Time

Holding one's baby for the first time is special to all parents. Getting to hold Katelyn for the first time immediately after she was born was extra special to me. When Shelby was born, she had respiratory trouble. Channing got to hold her, show her to me, and carry her down to the nursery. Shelby never returned to our room, and we weren't able to hold her until a week later, after she was taken off the respirator. So, when the doctor put Katelyn in my arms, I was tickled pink!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

What a wonderful moment for both you and baby:) These are my absolute favorite pictures because I know just how you feel. I never got to hold Tyson either, though it was only for several hours, not days. There is no better feeling than touching and seeing that sweet little baby for the first time!!!