Friday, March 20, 2009

Pregnancy Update


Here's the best belly picture I have, taken at 25 weeks on Valentine's Day. I am 30 weeks and bit bigger now!

Back in January, we had an ultrasound and learned that we are having another girl. We are tickled pink, and look forward to meeting our second little princess at the end of May.

At the end of February I learned that I have gestational diabetes. I'm controlling it with diet. I have to check my blood sugar four times a day, which is not too fun.

On Tuesday I had an appointment with my OB. He is pleased with my blood sugar readings. I've lost about 9 pounds since the diagnosis, but that is okay since the baby is growing. She is a big girl, weighing over three pounds already. My OB says that if I go full-term, she will probably weigh 9 or 10 pounds. It isn't looking like I will go that long, however.

Please pray for my pregnancy...that I will continue to do well managing my blood sugar. Please pray that our baby girl will be healthy, able to come home from the hospital with us. Pray also that my condition will not turn into diabetes after the pregnancy.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Got it! Will pray for it all! BTW- they said that Ella would be 9 pounds and she was 6, 15.

Marie said...

You look so good Dee!! I am so excited for you and I am praying that all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

So excited for you guys...we have a bit of news ourselves...

Give the Chan Man my regards.

CK

LILLIE said...

katelyn will make 8 grandaughters for me..we are going to rule !!!! way to go girls !!...love you all me-maw ....lookin good deidre. you look very rested & beautiful..

Carris Family said...

Dee - You look awesome! And I can't believe how beautiful Shelby is! I am pretty impressed that she is in your arms in the picture, it made me think back to being pregnant and my arms and back ached for you! I will continue to be praying about your pregnancy, sweet little baby girl, and especially now for the whole GD thing. I love you! Molly

Christy Brockman said...

You look great pregnant! Shelby is going to be a big help. I'm sorry you have the G.D. I'm sure that can be very frustrating and worrisome. Try to enjoy these last few weeks as much as possible, I know it's hard. I can't wait to see her!